This Mini Gentle Chair Yoga Course is a beautiful gift to help beginners, seniors, and those with limited mobility truly enjoy learning positive mindfulness, all while effectively strengthening and empowering their bodies through the practice of yoga.
Gentle / Chair Yoga Mini Course is designed by Lacey Powell Fitness and Dance, GFI, CPT, CMT, CBT,
● GOAL: To introduce yoga postures and practices to disabled, senior / active older adult, and/or
beginner community; develop inner awareness; focus on breath; build strength, flexibility, and
mobility throughout the body; and bring attention to mindful practices in the present moment.
● CLASSES: Seated Chair Yoga, Standing Chair Yoga, Gentle Standing Yoga Flow
● FITNESS LEVEL: Specifically geared towards the disabled, senior / active older adult, and/or
beginner community. Can be used by all fitness levels as part of an active recovery routine. Yoga
is a practice of being aware of one’s capabilities and extensions.
● LOCATION: Designed for small spaces
● EQUIPMENT: Stable four-legged chair without armrests. Option: Yoga Mat. Additional Equipment
can be yoga straps, bolsters, yoga blocks, blankets, pillows, etc.
● WORKOUT CALENDAR: This is a self-paced mini course. Participant use as part of an active
recovery routine, work their way into a regular fitness routine, or progress themselves at a
reasonable pace without pain or excessive discomfort, from the seated chair yoga to standing
chair yoga, then the gentle standing yoga flow.
● MINI COURSE: These 3 workouts are designed as a stand-alone mini-program, or they can be
combined with others to create a longer full program.
Many choose to utilize one workout for awhile until they feel comfortable with that one and then move to the next, forming a good Yoga base of knowledge and practice.